Thursday, April 18, 2013

To my PawPaw. ♥

Dearest Paw Paw,

Bill Smyth (October 17, 1930 - April 12, 2013)
with his lovely wife, Frances.
What a wonderful couple.
We love you. I'm so very grateful I had you as a grandfather & being a part of your life. A man of few words, but when you spoke it was with such wisdom. A man after God's heart. A loving husband, father, grandfather, and great-grandfather. You had such a sweet, gentle spirit. I will always remember those wonderful times I spent with you & Nanaw both.

Memories you left behind:

♥ Remember during Christmas when you told us to find the moving nutcracker? The only moving nutcracker. Haha, I thought you meant one other than that. You were such a tease.

♥ Your hugs when we would leave your house to go back to ours. Two arms, hugging me tightly.

♥ Wrigley's Double Mint Gum. A smell I will always associate with you - just remembering the smell as a little girl in your truck & in your hugs.

♥ You loved to hunt (even if he didn't kill anything) & enjoyed spending time outdoors. As you got older, you enjoyed reading, playing FreeCell, and watching the San Antonio Spurs.

♥ You were constantly tended to by "Mother Hover", your loving bride of 60 years. What example the two of you were (and are). She even continued to hover over you 'til your last breath. You were so blessed to find & live a life with a wonderful, God-fearing prayer warrior like her.

♥ You & Nanaw have given me a wonderful example of what a godly marriage should look like - passed down to my parents ... and one that will someday be past onto me & my husband.

♥ There are so many more memories, so I will keep this list open as they come to mind. But for now ...

Though it's only a short time til we see you again, I will still miss your love, wisdom, and teasing.

I love you, Paw Paw. One day I will see you again. Say "hello" to Jesus for me.

With love,
Lauren

P.S. We'll take good care of your bride. :)


Bill & his wife with two out of 3 children (my dad on the left, my aunt on the right, my uncle wasn't thought of yet). 1-2-3-awwwww!

Celebrating his 50th birthday.

What a sweet couple. ♥

My PawPaw & Nanaw, mom, dad, and me - with my brother on the way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment