Saturday, February 23, 2013

God as my friend.

This topic has been on my heart & mind for quite a while now, but I've never known how to tell it, much less how to start it. So, here it goes ...

For most of my life, I've always seemed to struggle with friendship - always on the outer circle, no matter how much I tried to fit in. I felt as if I was never truly accepted into the group. I know what you're thinking right now, "This is just a blog to make us feel sorry for her." - Wrong! Currently, I am quite happy with my friendships right now. I'm just not done ... anywho ... Sunday evening at a benefit concert hosted by my church, I heard the song "Friend of God" performed by Philips, Craig, & Dean live and the lyrics kind of hit home with me. No matter who has or will walk out of my life, God will always be there as a friend - He always has & always will. That's quite reassuring.

"For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son. So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God." - Romans 5:10-11 NLT, italics added. - what a sacrifice our God has made for us!

"Draw close to God and he will draw close to you ..." James 4:8a

I love what this verse tells us and reassures us of God's promise to us. He longs to have a close, an intimate, relationship with us. I don't know where you may stand, but for me ... something  inside me longs to spend time with my Heavenly Father - when I don't, I can feel it. There's a difference in my attitude throughout the day. Just like with friendships here on this earth - you need to spend time with others in order to know who they are as a person. What kind of friendship would you have if you didn't?



No comments:

Post a Comment